Keeping The Media In Check
aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.
- In Wisconsin, President Trump falsely claimed the state's dairy farms were "decimated" under the Obama/Biden administration but "now … are doing very well," and he greatly overstated the potential impact of the new trade agreement with Canada and Mexico. The post Trump’s False Claims About Dairy Farms appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- President Trump has made the misleading boast that the U.S. is in "great shape" because 97% of emergency room visits were for something other than COVID-19. Trump could have boasted of similar percentages — 93% to 96% — during the worst periods of the pandemic. The post Trump Spins ER Statistic to Claim U.S. Is […]
- In recent days, President Donald Trump has repeatedly and baselessly suggested that counting mail-in ballots after Election Day will result in fraud. The post Nothing Untoward About Counting Ballots After Election Day appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- President Trump has been boasting for weeks of a "super V" economic recovery. But figures released today show an economy still far from fully recovered. The post FactChecking Trump’s ‘Super V’ Recovery appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Facebook users falsely claim a post critical of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden was written by actor Clint Eastwood. A nearly identical post aimed at former President Barack Obama — and also misattributed to Eastwood — has circulated since 2013. The post Revived Political Post Falsely Attributed, Again, to Clint Eastwood appeared first on FactCheck.org.
Trump marks Constitution Day with speech at National Archives assailing ‘1619 Project’ as hateful lies about America’s history
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump, hinging his campaign on turning out his core supporters, has increasingly used his public appearances to elevate cultural issues important to his generally whiter…
A Biden campaign TV ad falsely claims that a government analysis of President Donald Trump’s “planned cuts to Social Security” shows that “if Trump gets his way, Social Security benefits…
“I have the distinct pleasure of running against the worst presidential candidate in the history of presidential politics,” President Donald Trump said at a Michigan rally. With less than two…
President Donald Trump publicly added 20 names Wednesday to his list of candidates for the Supreme Court, including six women, three Senate Republicans, and a state attorney general. Also new…