Keeping The Media In Check
aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.
- Social media posts, including one retweeted by Donald Trump Jr., falsely claim that a yearbook photo shows Democratic Senate candidate Mark Kelly dressed as Hitler for Halloween. Kelly's campaign and several of his former classmates told FactCheck.org that the photo is not of Kelly. The post Photo of Man in Halloween Costume Isn’t Mark Kelly […]
- President Donald Trump didn't say "'GOOD' about the kids being separated from the parents" at the southern border during the final presidential debate, as social media posts wrongly claim. He said "go ahead" to the moderator, who was trying to move on to the next topic. The post Social Media Posts Misquote Trump on Immigrant […]
- About 2,100 voters in Los Angeles County accidentally received mail-in ballots earlier this month without the presidential race. But President Trump described a case where ballots "had everything on it" except "my name." The post Trump Misleads on Ballots Again appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- In this video, we review several false and misleading claims that President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden made at the final presidential debate on Oct. 22. The post Video: FactChecking the Final Debate appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Social media posts erroneously suggest that President Donald Trump's campaign hats are made in China, while those for former Vice President Joe Biden's campaign are made in the U.S. The official hats sold by both campaigns are made by American companies. The post Posts Target Trump With False Claim on MAGA Hats appeared first on […]
Trump marks Constitution Day with speech at National Archives assailing ‘1619 Project’ as hateful lies about America’s history
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump, hinging his campaign on turning out his core supporters, has increasingly used his public appearances to elevate cultural issues important to his generally whiter…
A Biden campaign TV ad falsely claims that a government analysis of President Donald Trump’s “planned cuts to Social Security” shows that “if Trump gets his way, Social Security benefits…
“I have the distinct pleasure of running against the worst presidential candidate in the history of presidential politics,” President Donald Trump said at a Michigan rally. With less than two…
President Donald Trump publicly added 20 names Wednesday to his list of candidates for the Supreme Court, including six women, three Senate Republicans, and a state attorney general. Also new…